The Vufold difference is in the detail, with our Ready‑to‑Assemble Status Aluminium Bifold Door Sets.
What is it that makes
a Status Aluminium
Door Set so amazing?
Our Status/Aluminium bifolds at first glance could look like any other aluminium bifold doors available on the market. A closer look will reveal a ready-to-assemble external bifold door set with the Vufold difference.
Status External Aluminium Bifold Door
Door catch for the status aluminium set
What’s a Ready‑to‑Assemble Door Set?
Unlike some others, our Status/Aluminium external door sets are always supplied as the complete package. In other words, they come with everything you need pre-machined, pre-glazed and ready-to-assemble. This includes all the essential items you will need such as fixings, drill bits, packers, even trouble-shooting spares. This is in addition to the hardware, ironmongery, glazing, gaskets and seals all supplied as standard- meaning when your Status/Aluminium door set arrives, you’re fully equipped and ready-to-assemble.
Why should I choose a
Ready‑to‑Assemble Door Set?
Our ready-to-assemble door sets offer you many advantages that other similar looking, cheaper door sets do not;
- Comprehensive easy to follow fitting instructions.
- Doors and frames clearly labelled for easy identification.
- Pre-glazed, tow and heeled in our factory, meaning an experienced fitter is not required.
- Everything is fully pre-machined, no specialist equipment is required.
- Door gaskets are pre-fitted, along with the majority of the hardware.
- All fixings and sundries supplied meaning you can assemble straight away.
- Quicker installation on site reducing time and therefore cost.
Hinge hardware pre attached
“This is our second purchase. We had previously bought a 5m set for our outdoor kitchen area. We are delighted with both. They are relatively simple to assemble and install, and work beautifully.”
David Chisholm ★★★★★
Comprehensive Instructions and fitting parts Magnetic door catch and door seals
How do standard Aluminium door sets compare?
Not very well:
- Poor, hard to follow instructions, lacking in detail.
- Doors and frames often have no labelling, assembling them incorrectly may result in lost time and even damage.
- Doors with loose glass will need the glazing units balancing during installation. This is a specialist job, done incorrectly the doors may not operate properly when installed. This could in turn lead to damage and costly replacement parts.
- You’ll need to source all the necessary fittings, drills, packers and wedges to secure the frame into the opening.
- You may find you are forced to use the supplier’s fitting service in order to get a guarantee with your door set, adding significant cost to your project.
“Probably one of the best set of bifolds I have ever fitted. Really easy to put together and once they were in, they opened and closed with ease.”
Ben Hammond ★★★★★
The Vufold difference?
The Vufold difference is attention to detail.
Vufold completely assemble every Status/Aluminium door set before it leaves the factory to ensure the glazing is perfectly balanced, meaning opening them is a breeze. This takes the need for a specialist fitter out of the equation- meaning you can choose your existing builder to install the door set if you don’t fancy having a go yourself.
When it arrives the majority of the hardware is pre-installed, along with the door gaskets and all keeps and locks aligned, to speed up installation on site. As a ready-to-assemble door set, all the components, fixings and instructions you need are included with Vufold doors - even the right size drill bits!
The Ready‑to‑Assemble installation bag:
- Hardened steel direct frame fixings 92mm - Qty 32
- Self-tapping screw A2 pozi flat countersunk - Qty 8
- SDS drill bit 6.5mm x 210mm - Qty 1
- HSS drill bit 7mm - Qty 1
- HSS drill bit 4.5mm - Qty 1
- Power bit 1/4 x 70mm TX30 - Qty 1
- Insert bit 1/4 x 25 pozi no.2 - Qty 1
- 12mm self-tapping screw - Qty 4
- Allen key 3mm - Qty 1
- White 1mm x 2.5m lock keep packer - Qty 1
- Hinge jamb 1mm packer - Qty 3
- Assorted bag of packers and wedges
Having a Ready‑to‑Assemble Door Set makes installation so much easier!
“Excellent quality and appear to be very well made. Our contractor was surprised that it arrived as a diy self-assembly, however he found the instructions very good and easy to follow. Also the shipment was complete with no shortages.”
Christopher Reynolds ★★★★★